Once you landed in Dubai you may required to obtain your driving license because of number of reasons. That could be one of the essential document for your job(for example driver job), or you need a convenient transport mode for your family. Whatever the needs you need to have valid license to drive vehicle in dubai or anywhere in UAE .
The below guide will give you details on how to go for it.
Driving licences can be obtained by adult UAE citizens/residents after training from an authorized driving school in Dubai. If you are 18-21 year of age, you can apply for a probationary licence.
If you have never driven before or have a driving licence that is not on the approved list of 36 countries then you must undergo training.
Documents Required for Driving License
You have to make ready below required documents to apply for driving licence in Dubai or UAE
- Passport (original & copy) with residence visa stamp
- No-Objection Certificate from your employer
- 8 photos white background
- Eye test
Authorized Driving Schools in Dubai
You have to undergo driving training in any of the authorized training school by RTA. Below are the authorized driving school in Dubai.
- Al Ahli Driving School-04-3411500 (10 branches)
- Belhasa Driving School - 04-3243535 (18 branches)
- Dubai Driving Center- 04-3455855 (13 branches)
- Emirates Driving Institute EDI-04-2631100 (53 branches/mall counters)
- Galadari Driving School-04-2676166 (14 branches)
Dubai Driving license cost
Do you know the driving license in Dubai is a costly affair. The cost for driving license will come around 3000 to 4000 dirhams if you pass in the first test. This may vary in between driving school because they charging differently for per class. For example 60 AED in Belhasa but it is 65AED in EDI.
Every fails will add up to 800 to 900 to this cost. Suppose if a person pass in 4th test it will cost him approximately 6500/-. You can check with driving school for exact amount.
Yeah as you think it is costly, but there is few ways we can you reduce this expenses. As I am pointing out the cost saving tips here
- Offers: You will get driving classes voucher from the deal websites like cobone or groupon websites. So keep an eye on that, mostly the offer like it will give you 50% discount on first 10 classes. Also same voucher being sent out by the people in Dubzzle online.
- Early bird: focus to pass on first few tests or second time. I have compiled few dubai driving license tips that helps you prepare for the same.
1. Get an eye test done either at an optician or at your driving school.
2. The school will handle all paper-work with RTA who may even have a counter at the school.
3. Receive your temporary driving licence, which you must carry in your training car.
4. Once you have passed all internal tests like garage and parking, your school will apply for your theory test followed by your road test.
The procedure to apply for a Driving license in Dubai
The first step on while applying Driving license, to get an eye test done by the Optometrist approved by RTA. Mostly this done on the driving school itself. Then your driving school will prepare an application form in Arabic and you need to submit to the RTA counter in the driving school itself. You will receive a learner's license that valid for 6 months once your application success. This process called file opening in RTA. You will also receive a driver's handbook by RTA.
The theory test is carried out at the five authorized driving schools. Don't forget to carry relevant ID, driving file+ 2 photos and theory test RTA fee of AED 200.
A total of 35 questions on road signals, hazards and guidelines on safe-driving will be asked in either English, Arabic or Urdu, with more languages to be added later. Candidates who cannot read the touch-screen or are not computer literate can take the examination orally. The first segment with 17 questions focuses on general traffic situations, and the candidate will need to answer a minimum of 11 correct to pass. The second segment has 18 questions related to the specific driving license the candidate requires and a minimum of 12 correct answers are required to be eligible for the road test.
On the date assigned, go with your passport, driving file+ 2 photos to the RTA Licence Section as advised by your driving school. Fill up application form & submit fees (around AED 200 for road test). When your name is called out, go along with the other three candidates and the RTA inspector to the designated car. You will be given just a few minutes to demonstrate your driving and anticipatory skills.
Dubai Driving Test Tips
If you fail, you will have to register with your driving school for at least 7 more classes and get a new road-test date.
If you pass, collect the approval paper from your inspector and go to the Pass Counter. Submit along with suitable ID & AED 100. Collect your test file and submit to Control Counter. After processing, pay required fee and proceed to photo area. When your name is called out, have your photo taken. Congratulations. In a few minutes, you will receive your DL and be eligible to drive in Dubai and the UAE.
For more information, please visit RTA website or call RTA on 8009090.
# Related posts: