Resident Permit becomes invalid if the Resident resides out of the UAE for more than Six months.
• Period is calculated as 180 days from the date of departure.
In such cases two options are applicable.
1. Cancel the existing visa and apply for new visa to enter UAE again.
2. Pay Dh100extra for each month after 6 months (180 days), and obtain an Entry Permit from Immigration Department for re-entry. Till completion of seven months re-entry permit fee is Dh230. Then 100 will increase for every month.
• Residence Visa of the person who wants to re-enter must be valid.
For Family: Submit an Arabic letter to Immigration Department requesting re-entry permit. Separate letter should be made for each passport.
Attachments: Passport copy of family member(s) and Sponsor.
For Employee: Submit a letter in Company Letter Head to Immigration Department requesting re-entry permission.
Attachments: Passport copy of Employee, Trade License Copy, Immigration Card Copy & PRO Card Copy. Employee's re-entry permit after six months depends on case to case.
NOTE: The Entry Permit is valid for 15 days from the date of issue. If the Resident couldn't enter within 15 days, new fees to be paid to get another Entry permit.
RE-ENTRY FOR PARENTS: Tenancy Contract, EJARI Registration Certificate and Labour Contract/Salary certificate of the sponsor should be attached with the application to get re-entry permit for the parent(s).
• This service is available at Immigration Head Office at Jaffliya and;
Dubai International Airport (Terminal 3), Gate No.2, Departures area
Phone: 04-707 5388
Timing: Around the clock, seven days a week (including holidays)
• Traveller must hold original Entry permit or it must be submitted at the airport at the time of arrival. If the person wants to enter through other Emirate's airport that has to be mentioned in the application. For any clarification please contact Immigration Call Centre on 800 5111.