Merging and exiting highway … to be handled by all drivers in there driving experience.
This is also part of your driving test, Normally you driving into a freeway or highway, here you will need to note that your driving on an inner road. for example, you are driving on inner road speed limit is 80 km/h and you are driving into the road where the speed limit is 100 or 120km/h.
Sometimes it is scary for many drivers because they are not experienced to drive in highway but, You don’t need to worry in Dubai roads you can see highway ramp that will help you to merge the highway safely and quickly. You can see almost 100 to 500 m roads help to exit and enter using the ramp.
Things to note;
- You need to use the Ramp as quickly as possible to reach the speed limit of the highway.
- Use the indicator and blindspot check and ensure no vehicles on the lane, and merge safely.
- If any vehicles on your lane and you don't have any further space to drive you to need to wait patiently. Unsafe entry will cause accidents
- When on the entry ramp, you should signal indicator early and check mirrors and your blind spot to merge safely. Ensure that you keep a safe space behind other traffic as they may stop suddenly.
- Once completed merging cancel the indicator
You need to follow the exit sign before exiting and to move to the desired lane. And you need to signal your indicator to exit
Things to note;
- You need to slow down as quickly as possible to reach the speed limit of the inner road speed.
- Use the indicator and blindspot check and ensure no vehicles on the lane where you are exiting to, and exit safely.
- Ramp exits on Emirates routes have a numbered system, which shows the approximate kilometers of that exit from the starting point of the route. this may help you with planning.
- You need to speed to the desired speed limit in case of exiting or merging
- In case of merging if there is a vehicle coming in your lane you need to wait to be safe, and when you waiting ensure your car is not moving and not crossing the dotted line or the yellow lines on both sides.
- if you have missed your exit, stay calm and keep driving on the freeway until you reach the next exit. remember, this is a high-speed road, so you must never reverse on a freeway. it is extremely dangerous and you are also breaking the law.